Wednesday, August 3, 2011

finished projects

So I have a bad tendency to start projects, and then prolong their completion. I love finding things and then trying to make them on my own. Finally I sat down this past weekend and finished up a few items that have been hanging out in my craft room.


My daughter Baylor wanted letters for her room, and not knowing the extent of what I was taking on, purchased the largest ones they had. We purchased everything from JoAnns Fabric Store, 24" Cardboard letters, Pink Acrylic Paint, Scrap book paper and Decoupage Solution. After painstakingly cutting out all the designs and graphics Baylor liked, we ended up with a pretty cute finished product.

Flowers, zebra, swirls, all in Black & Pink, Baylor's favorite colors!

Proudly displaying her work, she helped place all the designs



This driftwood art idea I got from a piece I saw at Duh Pensacola, a store I absolutely love! Most of their beautiful home decor is pretty pricey, but I love to get design and arrangement ideas from looking through their showroom. The hubby and kids helped me collect all the driftwood from our beautiful beaches at Fort Pickens.

I would have liked the arms slightly thicker, but ran out of driftwood

Hanging in our guest bathroom



Lastly is an idea I got from HGTV's Color Splash. With a blank Canvas, some painters tape and a paint brush, I made a cute little "eye-chart" with our family's names for our Garage hallway.



Carefully taped out and painted......

The finished product

No comments: