Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kid's Nautical Playroom

I'm trying to finish up the kiddo's playroom, I've been playing with different ideas and arrangements, but just about have everything as I like it. I thought I'd show you my inspiration board, and then if I can get a few things finished up over the weekend, I can do a room review Monday.
Since the kids are 8 and 6 now, I wanted to do something gender neutral, that they could enjoy for a few years, so I went in a nautical direction, with lots of neutrals to keep things from getting too busy. You may think I'm crazy for a white couch in a kids playroom, but I nabbed this awesome sofa for 75% at the DUH white tent sale, and it's slip-pcovered, so its completely washable and bleachable, and about the most comfortable couch ever!
Couch: Lee Industries Slip-covered Apartment Sofa
Window Treatments: Weathered Painted Oars by PB
Window Treatments: Fisherman's Net by PB
Drape Across Bottom of TV Stand: Schooner Nautical Print Fabric
Pillows: Latitude Sail Blue Fabric
Storage: Sea grass Toy Baskets by RH
Lighting: Buoy Lamp
Stamped Whale Pillow Source

No comments: