Thursday, May 17, 2012

Paver Patio Progress

I mentioned a couple weeks ago we were have a paver patio installed,and the work has finally begun. It is three weeks behind schedule, and has been nothing short of a complete nightmare. The company we chose was recommended by a large nursery and hard scape supplier that we use very often, but needless to say, I have informed them they may want to remove this company from their list, not because of the quality, but because of their inability to communicate or follow through with anything, okay that''s the end of my spiel...for now ;)

I forgot to get an actual full photo before the work started, but this pic is from last summer, basically stairs leading down to grass, so here's what the back  area looked like before...

And after three, yes Three(ugh!) it was supposed to be done in two, today makes day four...








I'm not super thrilled at this point, the retention wall was supposed to be a small step, which ended up being about an 14" drop, so now I'm going to have to figure out some sort of stone step, the depth was supposed to be 15' and we're at about 12'6", and the fill comes up to the bottom step leading to our porch, which I'm waiting to see how they'll make that work without looking completely odd. On a positive note...I do love the textured pavers we got and the three-piece configuration. Here's hoping tomorrow I'm back with a post saying how much I love the finished product....

No comments: