Thursday, February 14, 2013

Quick Boot Bedazzle

We are in the process of a deep spring clean around here, and the last THREE, yes 3, nights have been concentrated on Miss B's room. I swear my seven year old may have more clothes and shoes than I do....Anyways, she has no less than 6 pairs of boots, and these b;lack ones were looking a little worse for wear, but then I decided to try out something I'd seen on etsy to give them a little bit more life for the rest of this winter.

Seriously, I love these, I think I would rock them ;)

I decided since these were older boots, I would do a sparse scattered look, and if Baylor loved, then I'll go crazy like the inspiration ones above for next years boots.

What you need:

  • Boots (these are just an inexpensive pair from Target)
  • Bling (rhinestones with heat adhesive on back, Joann's or Michael's)
  • Heat Stick (to adhere rhinestones with)

I just poured our all different color rhinestones in a tray
   

 And then randomly adhered them to the boots, the heat stick work really easily, it basically gets really hot, and you just press the tip of it to the rhinestone for about 10-15 seconds, and the heat melts the adhesive on the back of the stone. I always let cool for a few minutes, and then check to make sure I don't have any loose stones.

And presto, some boots with a bit ore pizazz! I forgot to get a pic of b wearing them the next day, but she said she got lots of compliments and people asking where she got them at....Oh, my awesome mom made them, lol :)


No comments: