Friday, January 13, 2012

A Bright Idea

Going along with yesterdays post, I've been doing alot of work to put the finishing touches on my Guest Room / Office. I have this old lamp base that had been sitting in a drawer. It was my great grandmothers and my Grandma had given it to me awhile back, and I wasn't really sure what to so with it.
Please excuse the mess in the background, as I mentioned before, I was working on alot of projects over my holiday break :)
So after cleaning it up well, I used some Silver Liquid Leaf and painted the tarnished gold in between the blocks.

Before.....ewww!                                 After.....so much better!!


I then bought a paper shade, my thought was to do a linen or burlap ruffle, like here, but that didn't turn out so great, and, once I got home from the craft store, I realized that when I pulled off the top layer of the shade, it had sticky adhesive underneath. So I used some leftover fabric that I had from elsewhere in the room, and covered the shade, and used some grey trim to finish it off.



I was really happy with the results. The silver really gives it a more elegant look, abut it's still unique with the glass block. And it look great on my re-done office desk :)





No comments: