Monday, January 16, 2012

Flip This

Our last house, which is now our rental, I slowly purchased the nice brushed nickel and aged bronze light switch plate covers for, room by room, and they looked so much nicer than your regular plastic white ones. With this house,that's one thing I just haven't started to tackle yet, at $10 or more a plate, and about a zillion different switches, I've put that one the bottom of my projects list.

Inspiration.....


I saw these above on Pinterest last week, and decided to give it a try. Sorry I forgot to take pictures for the steps, but all you need is:

-Plastic Light switch plate cover
-Mod Podge or Decoupage
-Scrap book paper

I found that the thinner scrap book paper laid down much better, simply trace around you light switch plate cover, leaving about 3/4 inch to wraparound, cover plate front in mod podge, lay paper on cover and wrap excess around back, cover paper in mod podge, and let dry, once dry, I used an exacto knife to cut out the screw holes and the switch squares.



The white screws really looked out of place,so I pulled out my liquid leaf, from this project, and painted the heads to match. 


  
A simple little DIY that turns out pretty cute!

No comments: