Friday, September 2, 2011

Something Newly-Old

So my artsy personality doesn't stop at the canvas....my current obsession is redoing or re purposing old furniture and items. This is and old secretary style dresser that was my uncle's, and then mine when I was growing up. My mom was so kind to bring it down from Virginia for me and strip and sand it. After a quick stain, in Walnut, I rubbed in white acrylic paint with a sponge, and then used fine grit sandpaper to give it a whitewashed look.

What do you think?

I finished it off with a photo of the kids in sepia, a jute basket, and some great soy-way candles from Swan Creek Candle Company. These burn clean, smell wonderful, and come in great distressed pottery pieces that are a decoration by them self.


My next undertaking is a headboard. I've been search for old shutter or an old panel door, like here, to distress and hang behind our new king mattress, but haven't had any luck yet.

No comments: