Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Creating Curtains

I am by no means an avid sewer, I simply enjoy trying my hand at things.This weekend I finally got around to picking up some fabric to try making some curtains, the only thing I could find that I liked was a white linen (ended up being super inexpensive too, because of the President's day sale :), so I decided I would start with the front game room/man room/bar/whatever??

I picked up rod iron finals and a coordinating rod from Bed Bath Beyond

I Hung the hardware for the rods a 1/2" from the bottom of the base, to really lengthen the room and take advantage of the 9' ceilings

I ironed both the left and right sides creating a two inch fold and then sewed a straight seam up both sides. Make sure you take the time to iron it makes such a difference!


My little helper....okay really she just climbed up and down the ladder :)

For the bottoms I folded up three inches and sewed across a straight seam, and the top I folded over 6 inches to give a really nice deep pocket 

Curtains done, and we're ready to hang! 

I think sewing the really deep pockets makes for a much nicer bunching look

Ta-da, so light and airy :)

I made sure to buy extra length so that I would have that little bit of puddling of fabric at the bottom

Welcome to our light and airy man room, lol ;), Ignore the ugly light fixture, that will eventually be replaced!




 Before & After

 Love the print of this pillow, from Home Goods

Excuse the messy cords, I haven't had time to hide those yet :)  

No comments: