Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A few more pops of pink

I meant to get this up yesterday, but Mondays and I just don't get along ;) Anyways, as I mentioned Friday, after I hung up the curtains I made in Little Miss B's room, it definitely needed a few more pops of dark pink. So I decided some pillows and a redone mirror might do the trick.
An inexpensive black mirror, had in a box from moving, can;'t remember where I picked it up at. I covered the mirror with cardboard and painters tape, and then used a couple coats of Krylon spray paint in Watermelon, to give it a makeover.



The pillows I used a pink tufted taffeta and a really soft dotted cotton on the reverse because Baylor wanted it to be snuggly. I didn't do a step by step tutorial, sorry, but I just bought pillow forms, cut the fabric to it's length and the sewed around three sides, stuffed the pillow in and sewed in the fourth side.




I also made a small round pillow and added a crystal pin to the center for a little bit of bling.


Not sure if the mirror will stay here, but this is where I've placed it for the meantime. 

Love this Once Upon A Time... Print, from One Kings Lane 


Perfect for my Princess!!

No comments: